New Feature: Installation and Uninstallation Program

Topics: Feature Requests
Oct 2, 2015 at 12:41 PM
Hi,
Is there any plan to continue this Project?

Most users don’t just simply add one MST. file.

Using a Wrapper is also not compatible with this tool.

Would be great if you add the possibility to customize the installation and uninstallation parameter line.

Thx.
Oct 2, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Hi roseemann!

Since I created the projekt I really didn't get any feedback from the Community so I have not put any more effort into it (I kinda assumed no one used it or saw a need for it).

How would you like to add .mst files? Could you give me any examples, if it is easy I could add it. What do you mean by wrapper? Is it the "script" type you need support for or is it some change for the MSI model?

Would you like to be able to change the (un)installation parameters at runtime (from within the tool) or change it in a standardized way in the config file?

Regards
Matt
Oct 5, 2015 at 9:47 AM
Edited Oct 5, 2015 at 9:51 AM
Hi Matt,

Tanks a lot for the Answer.

Multiple MST Files are used quite often in the Environments i have found...
msiexec /i "C:\Sample\sample.msi”
TRANSFORMS="C:\Sample\sample1.mst';TRANSFORMS="C:\Sample\sample2.mst"

Also the Wrapper Thing....
Instead of having a standard msiexec commandline A Wrapper is used to put all the commandlines and other errorhandling away from that commandline
So instead of a long commandline, it looks like that:
"Wrapper.ps1"

All the Installation logic and commandlines are inside that script.

What I need to make that tool useable in my environment and many others would be two blank lines where I can define my install and uninstallation Parameters by my self instead of let your tool set the default commandline.

The Detection Method is currently based on the imported MSI File, Which is ok for me.

"Since I created the projekt I really didn't get any feedback from the Community"
unbelievable...
I have worked on countless Projects where the key requirement was to simplify the application import process.
Webportals, Scripts even mobile apps were created to Import applications into sccm without opening the console.

Would be really great if you could add the option to set a custom installation command line…
and uinstall line :)

Thx.

robert